In no particular order, I want to give a quick shout-out to the technologies that make this blog easy to build.
- Cloudflare CDN - These guys are fantastic. I use their free plan on this blog for DNS hosting and speed
- S3 - Cheap storage, not especially fast for serving a website (hence the CDN).
- Jekyll - The gold standard for static blogs.
- Git - Keeps track of every version of everything I write.
- Bootstrap - You have no idea how bad this site looked without it.
Thanks also to Ben Schwarz who recently posted his s3 deploy script (which I shamelessly copied) - saved me digging through the documentation.
Not to mention the constellation of other open source software which supports everything I do - from curl/sed to postgres/sendmail to ruby/go/gcc to linux/bsd. To every OSS developer out there - thank you!